This is simply a list of my favorite places to eat the quintessential New York City classics. These are the places I always bring out-of-towners because I love them, and I hope you do too.
1. Bagels at Absolute Bagels
BROADWAY (2788 Broadway)
2. Breakfast at Buvette Gastrothéque
WEST VILLAGE (42 Grove St)
3. Brunch at Freemans
LOWER EAST SIDE (Freeman Alley) Freemans Alley is off Rivington Street between Chrystie and the Bowery on the Lower East Side of New York City
4. Spicy chicken sandwiches at The Commodore
WILLIAMSBURG. 366 Metropolitan Ave & Havemeyer St in Brooklyn.
5. Rueben Sandwich at Katz’s Deli
LOWER EAST SIDE (205 E Houston Street)
6. Pizza at Artichoke Basille’s Pizza
7. Cheeseburger at Burger Joint
Le Parker Meridien, 119 W 56th St
8. Cookies at Levain Bakery
UPPER WEST SIDE (167 W 74th St Btw Columbus Ave y Amsterdam Ave)
9. Ice cream at OddFellows Ice Cream Co.
EAST VILLAGE (75 E 4th Street btw Cooper Sq y Bowery )
Image Credit: “Soup ‘n’ Burger, New York, NY” by Franck Bohbot